First a few facts....
1. We tend to be rather shy....not great at publicly trumpeting our successes.
2. 2018 was a crackerjack vintage.
3. The annual Barossa Wine Show is THE best place for the quality of our wines to be judged against their peers. We participate.
4. The 2019 Show was held in September
5. Our 2018 Western Ridge Shiraz beat all comers, to be awarded the 'Tanunda Cellars Trophy' for the best 2018 Shiraz.
So.... we feel justified in telling you that this wine is fantastic!
But what's it 'look' like? Deep purple red! Powerfully fragrant with a cornucopia of fruits: blackberry, cherry, black olive, baking spices, and a hint of meaty complexity. The faintest whiff of fine (and expensive!) toasty French oak barrels. Gentle yet full-flavoured; a certain youthful rawness (no surprises there - it's young!); absolutely no bitterness but some beautiful gritty tannins; despite its youth, a degree of harmony and poise, with a long, long, palate.
Yes: it'll age beautifully.